The 30V to 60V p-channel MOSFET devices are AEC-Q101 qualified for automotive applications and can replace DPAK MOSFETs, offering a reduction in footprint of over 50% whilst maintaining high performance levels with RDS(on) down to 10 mΩ for the 30V version.
The LFPAK package uses a copper-clip structure to reduce the RDS(on) and have been used in demanding applications such as automotive for almost 20 years. It is proven to be significantly more reliable than is required by the AEC standard, exceeding the key reliability test threshold by a factor of two, whilst increasing board level reliability by avoiding the use of bond wires. Previously, only n-channel devices have been available in LFPAK packaging. Now, due to industry demand, Nexperia has extended its LFPAK56 portfolio to also include the p-channel MOSFET options.
“The new p-channel MOSFET targets automotive applications such as reverse polarity protection and as a high side switch for seat adjustment, sun roof and window operation. They are also suitable for industrial applications such as 5G base stations," said Malte Struck, product manager at Nexperia.
The p-channel MOSFET family in the LFPAK56 package is available now.
Related MOSFET articles
- FOOTPRINT CUT BY A THIRD WITH LOWEST RDS(ON)
- POWER DENSITY BOOST OF 48X FROM NEW 8X8MM PACKAGE
- NEXPERIA SHRINKS POWER PACKAGE FOR CARS
- LFPAK56 AND LFPAK33 OPTIMISE SAFE OPERATING AREA, DRAIN CURRENT AND GATE CHARGE
- AEC-Q101 175°C DEVICES IN MINIATURE LEADLESS PACKAGES REPLACE LARGER SO8 AND SOT223 DEVICES