The SIC power modules are available in two different topologies and allow engineers to design systems with maximum efficiency and reduce cooling costs. They can also be used for higher-frequency operation.
The Easy 1B (F4-23MR12W1M1_B11) integrates a four-pack topology for the DC/DC stage of the charging station. The Easy 2B (F3L15MR12W2M1_B69) has a three-stage configuration that is well suited for the Vienna Rectifier, which is common for the PFC stage in this application. In combination, the power modules can be used for 50/60 kW EV charging solution.
The standard EasyPACK package for power modules features industry-leading low leakage inductance. This helps build stacked modular solutions of charging stations up to 120/150 kW. The NTC temperature sensor, also integrated, facilitates component monitoring, and PressFIT technology reduces assembly time.
Both are not only suitable for charging stations, but likewise for UPS applications.
More information: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/wide-band-gap-semiconductors-sic-gan/silicon-carbide-sic/coolsic-mosfet/f4-23mr12w1m1_b11/ and https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/wide-band-gap-semiconductors-sic-gan/silicon-carbide-sic/coolsic-mosfet/f3l15mr12w2m1_b69/
Related SiC power articles
- MICROCHIP STARTS SiC PRODUCTION
- SWEDISH STARTUP RAISES €3.5M FOR 3D SIC PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- HYBRID MODULE COMBINING SIC MOSFETS AND IGBTS FOR 99 PERCENT EFFICIENCY
- LOW RESISTANCE TO220 SINTERED PACKAGES FOR 650V SIC FET SERIES
- SIC MOSFETS TARGET DATA CENTRE AND AUTOMOTIVE POWER DESIGNS
- SIC DIE TARGET LOW POWER AC-DC FLYBACK CONVERTERS
- FOUR LEAD KELVIN PACKAGE FOR SIC DROP IN DEVICES