Keysight Technologies has launched an end-to-end regenerative AC emulator for testing electric vehicle chargers and grid edge systems.
The SL1200A Series Scienlab Regenerative 3-Phase AC Emulator combines hardware, software, consulting and support services for electric vehicle (EV) and electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) charging applications and grid-edge applications.
The SL1200A series handles 3-phase AC test needs up to 1,200 voltage alternating current (VAC), from 30 kVA to 630 kVA, without the need for a transformer. Two voltage ranges are available. The 600 VAC is aimed at low voltage inverter test, as well as EV and EVSE charging test applications. The 1,200 VAC allows for high voltage ride through (HVRT) testing without the need for a large, complex test setup.
A DC output enables high-power DC charging test, up to 1,000 V DC and 120 kW; eliminating the need and expense for extra equipment.
The 100% regenerative (bidirectional) power system has over 85 percent efficiency to reduce the cost of test with highly integrated capabilities.
"Keysight's new SL1200A series extends Keysight's EV and EVSE charging and grid-edge test portfolio," said Thomas Goetzl, vice president and general manager of Keysight's Automotive and Energy Solutions business unit. "Along with the company's SL1040A and SL1047A Scienlab Charging Discovery System, it provides a complete solution that enables our customers to create real-world charging scenarios with confidence in the ability to meet global standards."
- KEYSIGHT, TRANSPHORM TEAM ON GAN POWER SUPPLY VIRTUAL PROTOTYPE
- KEYSIGHT'S 2021 PREDICTIONS
- CURRENT WAVEFORM ANALYSER DETECTS HARDWARE TROJAN
Other articles on eeNews Power
- First 48V redundant DC-DC converter for telecom and datacentre
- Transparent power delivery for embedded designs
- Four lead 1200V SiC MOSFETs for electric vehicle applications
- Dutch predictive maintenance startup sees €5m backing, rebrands
- e-peas, Energous team for free space wireless charging
- Vicor sees shift from power bricks to data centre, automotive