Elma Electronic has expanded its line of power- and ground-only VPX backplanes to include flexible design options for high speed, open standards-based system architectures.
These include OpenVPX, CMOSS- and HOST-compliant hardware as well as systems aligned to The Open Group Sensor System Open Architecture (SOSA) Technical Standard or custom designs.
This allows system designers to test and build open standards-based embedded systems and reduce development time using the new backplanes. Available with or without apertures, they accommodate a range of high-speed RF and optical connectors. The expanded range of power- and ground-only backplanes are designed for next-gen data rates of 40 Gbps and up to 100 Gpbs.
“For an embedded designer moving a system to market, development time and ease of use are critical. By freeing up all available pins during system development, these new power- and ground-only backplanes enable rapid test and retest of different profile configurations,” said Ram Rajan, Sr. VP of Engineering with Elma Electronics.
Aside from the pins assigned for 3.3V, 5V and 12V power, and the defined ground and utility planes, all pins are user-defined. The rear connectors are all fully populated and can be accessed with Elma’s slot-to-slot or slot-to-I/O bulkhead cable assemblies for system development.
- One slot 6U VPX benchtop development chassis
- Liquid flow through (LFT) power cooling for OpenVPX chassis
- Faster embedded designs with OpenVPX development platform
Other articles in eeNews Europe
- Complementary GaN for logic integration
- VisIC Technologies raises $35m for China GaN push
- Open frame UPS for industrial designs
- Infineon, Panasonic team for 650V GaN chips on 200mm wafers
- Dutch startup raises €22m for fast charging pure silicon battery
- Shell to install 50,000 on-street EV charger points by 2025