The team at Swift Solar in Colorado includes leading solar technologists from Stanford, MIT, Cambridge (UK), Oxford (UK), and the University of Washington, with expertise in perovskite photovoltaic technology and scale-up. Swift’s core technologies range from new solar cell architectures to specialized manufacturing techniques initially developed in the labs at Stanford and MIT. The details were included in a financial filing in the US.
Perovskite materials can be used for thin film solar panels that are lighter than today's panels for mobile applications. The technology is increasing in efficiency with recent research now showing comparable results to silicon. Other research is extending the lifetime of the cells.
- OXFORD PV SEES RECORD 28 PERCENT PEROVSKITE EFFICIENCY
- PEROVSKITE PATENTS DOUBLE IN LAST TWO YEARS
- STABILITY BOOST FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY PEROVSKITE SOLAR CELLS
- CIGS SOLAR CELL TOPS 22 PERCENT EFFICIENCY
- COST AND LIFETIME BOOST FOR PEROVSKITE SOLAR CELLS
- THIN FILM TANDEM PEROVSKITE SOLAR CELL PUSHES RECORD
- PEROVSKITE TANDEM SOLAR CELL OVERTAKES SILICON, HEADS FOR 30 PERCENT EFFICIENCY