Standex Electronics has launched a 100W molded version of its high voltage relay in a single in like (SIL package that is smaller and more compact than the previous potted devices for test and measurement applications.
The molded SIL-HV relay has an internal magnetic shield that is ideal for a high-density board assembly. Having a high-breakdown (hold off) voltage of 4kVDC and a typical contact resistance of 150 mOhm allows for the best condition for high voltage test and measurement applications.
The molded package improves the durability of the realy in humid environments and the insulation resistance provides protection up to 10 TOhm between coil and contact. This packaging design also delivers better resistance for high demand applications. This is especially vital when used with an eco-friendly aqueous cleaning solution with subsequent drying after the soldering process, the SIL-HV relay is RoHS compliant and is currently in the process of being UL listed.
Other improvements include a high-voltage and high-power switching capability of 100 W/1000 VDC / 1 A, breakdown voltage and dielectric strength up to 4 kVDC, pulsed carry-current up to 2.5 A, an optional suppression diode, and better washability resistance and rating.
Related relay articles
- LOW PROFILE 8POLE FOR SAFETY DESIGNS
- SWITCHES LINK TO LOAD MANAGEMENT OPERATING SYSTEM
- HIGH TEMPERATURE NANORELAY FOR MEMORY IN POWER SYSTEMS
- INTELLIGENT POWER DEVICES ADD STANDALONE SYSTEM PROTECTION
- SOLAR PANEL HANDLES 1000VDC
- OPTICAL COUPLING WITH 4KV ISOLATION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE SWITCHING
- £5M BOOST FOR PRODUCTION IN UK AND CZECH REPUBLIC