Using special proprietary material technologies and component designs, the inductor achieves a high inductance value of 47 μH with small dimensions of only 3.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 mm 3.
The saturation current is 0.72 A. Compared to products with conventional ferrite material and similar properties, the new inductors could be reduced by about 35% by using a metallic magnetic material as core material. With their rated voltage of 40 V, they are suitable for primary power supply circuits that are fed directly from the vehicle's 12 V battery. The operating temperature range from -55 °C to +155 ℃ including self-heating allows the use in environments with high requirements on the operating temperature. To achieve high reliability, the connection between the wire winding and the terminals is designed to reduce the risk of interruption.
- FLAT WIRE SMD POWER INDUCTORS WITH 150°C OPERATION
- KEMET ACQUISITION TAKES ON JAPAN THROUGH TOKIN
- KEY PARAMETERS FOR SELECTING RF INDUCTORS
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Designing AI accelerator cards with currents over 1000A
- Removable battery pack gives high speed EV charger flexibility
- £160m boost for UK wind power
- II-VI launches power technology division