The construction of CATL’s Thuringia plant, its first outside China, is key to this, developing a European service system to offer Mercedes-Benz more competitive products, as well as a smooth supply. This will allow Mercedes-Benz to further increase the degree of localization in procurement and to purchase battery products from the CATL plant near Erfurt in the future.
Related CATL battery articles
- CATL BREAKS GROUND ON GERMAN GIGAFACTORY
- CATL EXPANDS BATTERY DEALS IN EUROPE
- SOLID STATE BATTERY MARKET TO HIT $6BN IN 2030: REPORT
- CHINESE ELECTRIC CAR MAKER TAKES ON TELSA WITH EUROPEAN TECH
- UK IDENTIFIES £24BN BATTERY AND POWER MARKET IN ELECTRIC VEHICLES
Other articles on eeNews Power