The ODU Mini-Snap range uses a robust metal housing and supports a large number of configuration options with up to 500 autoclavable cycles. The additional inserts that have been specially designed to fulfil the user and patient protection levels required by IEC 60601-1 (2 MOOP/ 2 MOPP).
The approval procedures for medical electrical equipment and systems have become even more complex than they already were prior to the release of the latest version of the IEC 60601-1. Using the ODU connectors at the start of the design process reduces the risk management process simplified, but also reduces the cost of product development. This shortens the time for approval procedures if components from suppliers are already fully compliant with the IEC 60601-1.
The main advantages of choosing a connector with a metal housing for IEC 60601-1 (2 MOOP/ 2 MOPP) designs are the electromagnetic shielding capabilities and the mechanical strength of the connector. These features ensure safe operation and the best possible signal quality in the most demanding of medical environments.
The new inserts are available in 3 sizes and offer a choice of contacts:
- Size 1: 7 crimp contacts, ∅ 0,7 mm, Nominal Voltage 36V AC or DC
- Size 2: 12 crimp contacts, ∅ 0,7 mm, Nominal Voltage 48V AC or DC
- Size 3: 16 crimp contacts, ∅ 0,7 mm, Nominal Voltage 48V AC or DC
The voltage ratings are valid for pollution grade 2 (IEC 60601-1). The nominal current rating is specified with 7A.
The inserts are also suitable for deployment in the ODU Mini-Snap L- & K-Series of connectors and reverse gendering options are also available.
Customer specific cable assemblies with or without silicone overmolding are also available upon request.
- Covid-19 drives boom in home healthcare power adapters
- Medical plug-top power supplies added to plug & go line-up
- 65W medical/ITE AC-DC power adaptor has Dell smart pin
- Startup aims to replace power connectors with magnetic module
Other articles on eeNews Power