"WattUp from Energous represents an incredibly positive lifestyle change," said Martin Cooper, Energous Board of Directors member. "This ground-breaking technology allows users to automatically charge their WattUp-enabled devices without having to remove them from their wrist or pocket, plug them in or place them on a mat to charge, freeing them from ever having to think about charging their devices again."This represents the first time FCC equipment certification has been awarded to any device that charges wirelessly at a distance, and operates under Part 18 of the FCC's rules. The FCC's Part 18 rules permit higher-power operations than are permitted under the Part 15 rules that have been used to approve other at a distance charging devices.
Energous will be demonstrating its latest WattUp technology at CES 2018, with the FCC approval opening up retail sales during 2018.
- WIRELESS POWER IN AA FORMAT CREATES 'FOREVER BATTERY'
- DIALOG BACKS ENERGOUS FOR FREE SPACE WIRELESS CHARGING
- DIALOG TARGETS WIRELESS CHARGING WITH NEW INVESTMENT
- DIALOG, ENERGOUS LAUNCH FIRST SINGLE CHIP WIRELESS CHARGING
- WIRELESS CHARGING: HIGH ON DIALOG SEMICONDUCTOR'S AGENDA