Power supply maker Delta has used wideband semiconductor GaN devices from Ifineon Technolgies for its latest design.
Infineon’s CoolGaN devices are qualified according to JEDEC standards, offering lifetimes beyond 15 years, and are aimed at industrial telecom and server switched mode power supplies (SMPS). The CoolGaN 600 V e-mode HEMT in the DFN8x8 package is a key component in Delta’s DPR 3000E EnergE rectifiers enabling an energy efficiency of 98 percent. With that, Delta’s rectifiers can heavily support the nascent 5G telecom networks of the world’s leading telecom carriers across the globe.
“Delta’s Telecom Power Solutions have built an unparalleled track record in the global market, especially by enabling lower energy consumption and CO 2 emissions in 4G and the next-generation 5G telecommunications,” said Eton Lee, General Manager of Delta’s Communication & Information Solutions Business Unit. “We have achieved that success by collaborating with tier-one brands to develop our solutions. Moreover, Infineon’s CoolGaN chips deliver excellent performance to Delta’s 3000E rectifiers, which boast industry-leading efficiency up to 98 percent and an outstanding power density of 56.8 W/in³. It provides high performance while consuming little energy.”
“At Infineon, we work closely with our customers to help them achieve ever-growing requirements towards energy efficiency and also power density,” said Stefan Obersriebnig, Product Line Head High Voltage Conversion of Infineon’s Power & Sensor System Division. “With our complete portfolio of wide bandgap solutions we are paving the way towards a new era in the power industry.”
Related GaN articles
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE 400V AND 600V DEVICES
- INFINEON SHOWS PRODUCTION DEVICES
- 600 V E-MODE HEMT DEVICES
- INFINEON STARTS VOLUME PRODUCTION
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Vicor sees shift from power bricks to data centre, automotive
- 3D printing a complex heat sink in copper
- Bosch runs first wafers in Dresden power fab
- Skeleton signs strategic deal for Asian automotive market
- Chips optimised for cryptocurrency mining
- e-peas, Energous team for free space wireless charging