TDK has launched a range of insulated surface mount transformer transformer models that are suitable for various DC-DC converter topologies and gate driver circuits in e-mobility and industrial electronics.
There are four models in the EPCOS E10 EM series with basic winding insulation of a working voltage of 500 VRMS and reinforced insulation of 300 VRMS. The turns ratio is between 1:0.76 and 4:1, depending on the model.
The SMT transformer series measures 11.7 x 13.15 x 11.35 mm and the internal construction meets clearance and creepage requirements in accordance with the IEC 60664-1 standard (Np/Ns: min. 5.5 mm clearance, min. 6 mm creepage). Reproducibility and reliability are ensured by using a highly automated production process with an AOI final inspection. The B78307A model of SMT transformer is qualified in accordance with AEC-Q200 Rev. D for automotive applications.
Related transformer articles
- 24V DUAL CHANNEL GATE DRIVER WITH INTEGRATED THERMAL PAD
- WURTH, MICROCHIP TEAM ON AC-DC CONTROLLER REFERENCE DESIGN
- ETAL PLANS FOR BREXIT SUPPLY CHAIN IN MAGNETICS
- GAN SWITCH CUTS ADAPTOR SIZE IN NEW WAY
- GALVANIC ISOLATION IN ELECTRIC VEHICLES
Other articles on eeNews Europe