"My co-authors and I would recommend trialing a UK version of ARPA-E that can ramp up energy innovation, and support selected projects through to demonstration phase. R&D investments in energy transition would be an inexpensive but essential component of a Covid-19 recovery package."
"The UK has solid recent experience in the energy space, but in the past several initiatives have fallen prey to volatile government funding before success can be properly gauged. Future efforts will need consistency as well as a set up that would enable state-of-the-art and independent evaluation."
- EUROPE SHINES IN CLEANTECH 100 LIST
- UK SEES FIRST PASSENGER ELECTRIC AIRCRAFT FLIGHT
- LARGEST CARBON CAPTURE TECH DEAL
- SiC AND GRAPHENE ALLOW CARBON CAPTURE WITH SUNLIGHT
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Skeleton plans graphene battery that charges in 15s
- Search is on as ON Semi chief steps down
- Lignin gives supercapacitor 900x performance boost