Vicor has launched a 48V-to-12V regulated DC-DC converter that to boost the roout of 48V designs in data centre, automotive and industrial markets.
The surface mount DCM3717 module supports the fast deployment of 48V power delivery for legacy 12V loads while achieving significant power-system size, weight and efficiency benefits.
The regulated DC-DC converter operates from a 40 – 60V SELV input, is non-isolated and provides an output with a range of 10.0 to 13.5V, a continuous power rating of 750W and a peak efficiency of 97.3 per cent in a 37 x 17 x 7.4mm Surface-Mount Converter housed in Package (SM-ChiP).
For data centre designs, the DCM3717 supports the Open Compute Project ( OCP) Open Rack Standard V2.2 for distributed 48V server backplane architectures and the LV148 specification (48V automotive standard) for pure electric and hybrid vehicles, providing a regulated 48V-to-12V option for downstream legacy 12V multiphase point-of-load converters.
If regulation isn’t needed, the Vicor NBM2317 is a 750W non-regulated 48V-to-12V converter which is available in a smaller 23 x 17 x 7.4mm SM-ChiP with 40 per cent higher power density and higher efficiency at 97.5 per cent.
Related regulated DC-DC converter articles
- LIGHTWEIGHT 270V 1300W CONVERTER HAS 96 PER CENT EFFICIENCY
- HIGHER VOLTAGE FOR HIGH PRECISION MEDICAL AND ANALYTICAL EQUIPMENT
- SURFACE MOUNT SWITCHING CONVERTER HAS 95 PER CENT EFFICIENCY
- WIDE INPUT 12W CONVERTER IN A SIP8 PACKAGE
- LOWER POWER FAMILY OF MODULES
- 120W EIGHTH BRICK FOR RAILWAY AND INDUSTRIAL