The devices have been used in a reference design for a 6.6kW bidirectional AC-DC and DC-DC battery charger (above). The demo board consist of a Bi-Directional Totem-Pole power factor correction (PFC) AC-DC stage and an isolated bi-directional DC-DC stage based on a CLLC topology with a variable DC link voltage.
The OBC accepts 90VAC-265VAC as an input and provide 250VDC-450VDC at the output with over 96.5 per cent conversion efficiency in both charging and inversion modes. Documentation for the reference design includes a bill of materials (BOM), schematic, board layout and the application note
Wolfspeed’s 650V SiC MOSFET family is available now in TO-247 3 and 4 pin packages as well as a TO-263 7 pin package.
Related SiC MOSFET articles
- FOUR LEAD KELVIN PACKAGE FOR DROP IN DEVICES
- SILICON CARBIDE DRIVER SEES AUTOMOTIVE QUALIFICATION
- 900V AND 1200V MOSFETS FOR SOLAR AND AUTOMOTIVE DESIGNS
- 3-PHASE INTELLIGENT POWER MODULE FOR ELECTRIC CARS
- INFINEON, SMA TEAM FOR SOLAR INVERTER DESIGN
- DRIVING DOWN THE ON RESISTANCE OF SILICON CARBIDE TRANSISTORS