Flex Power Modules has launched a cost-optimised isolated DC-DC converter for telecoms designs in a 1/16 brick footprint
The efficiency of the PKU4913D is typically 94.6 percent at Vin, 48 V at full load. Aimed primarily at telecoms applications, the new converter has an input voltage range of 36 V to 75 V, which meets the requirements of the European Telecom Standard ETS 300 132-2 for normal input voltage range in -48 and -60 Vdc systems.
It provides an output of up to 8.3 A at 12 V, thus delivering 100 W, with output voltage trimming of up to 10%. Input to output isolation is 2250 V. The converter can be supplied with an optional baseplate, with cooling achieved mainly by conduction through a cold wall. In this configuration, performance is maintained, with no derating at 100°C.
The PKU4913D is supplied in an industry standard low-profile sixteenth brick format, measuring 33.02 x 22.86 x 11.30 mm (1.3 x 0.9 x 0.44 in). The converter includes over-voltage, over-temperature and short-circuit protection mechanisms, which increase reliability and operational lifespan with a mean time between failures of 13.88m hours.
As with all Flex Power Modules’ DC/-DC converter families, the PKU4913D meets safety standards according to IEC/EN/UL 62368-1. The devices have an operating temperature range of
-40°C to +125°C.
The PKU4913D is available now.
Related DC-DC converter articles
- EIGHTH-BRICK DATA CENTRE SUPPLY DELIVERS UP TO 1100W
- 1.5KW QUARTER BRICK ISOLATED SUPPLY FOR DATA CENTRES
- STANDARDIZED TESTING FOR POWER STAMP ALLIANCE
- QUARTER BRICK 500W DIGITAL CONVERTER FOR RADIO FRONT END
Other articles on eeNews Power
- €100m UK Centre of Excellence for skateboard power platform
- Bitcoin mining takes advantage of fluctuating power
- $200m battery module factory for Poland
- Nexans, Schneider team on Industry 4.0