The MG800FXF2YMS3 uses 3300V dual-channel SiC MOSFET devices that are capable of supporting 800A currents. Key applications for these high power density modules include industrial drives and motor control equipment, the power inverters for renewable energy generation sites, plus the DC-DC converters and inverters needed for electric rail infrastructure.
Proprietary packaging technology is key to the performance. The intelligent flexible package low voltage (iXPLV) housings use advanced silver sintered internal bonding technology to enable higher levels of efficiency by operating at higher temperatures. Channel temperatures as high as 175°C are supported with isolation up to 6000V RMS. Turn-on and turn-off switching losses are kept to 250mJ and 240mJ respectively, with stray inductance figures of 12nH.
Related SiC articles
- HV GATE DRIVER WITH 6KV ISOLATION IN A SO-8W PACKAGE
- TOSHIBA SHIPS 1200V SILICON CARBIDE MOSFET
- CONTROLLING THE RELIABILITY OF POWER SEMICONDUCTORS
- CERAMIC MATERIAL FOR THERMAL COOLING
- 650V HYBRID IS IGBT DROP IN REPLACEMENT
Other articles on eeNews Power