XP Power has released a new series of 60W low profile AC-DC converters for cost-sensitive applications including information technology equipment, industrial electronics, domestic, Internet of Things (IoT), and robotics.
The VCB60 AC-DC converter modules operate from 90-305VAC, making them suitable for global factory or roadside equipment running 4-wire 480VAC 3-phase (277VAC nominal), or 1-phase (110/230VAC nominal) systems.
There are eight devices in the AC-DC converter series with regulated output voltages from 5.0V to 54.0V with power levels up to 60W. The convection-cooled devices require no forced air, ensuring silent operation which is a common requirement in noise-sensitive audio/video (AV) applications as well as an office or domestic settings.
OVC III (overvoltage category III) approval means that VCB60 units can be used in building wiring upstream of wall sockets that require safety-approved products. The approval removes any need for additional filtering and safety approvals saving space, time, and cost.
The VCB60 series carries multiple approvals including EN55024, EN55035, EN61000-4 for EMC immunity, and EN55032, EN55014, and EN61000-3 for EMC emissions. Safety approvals include IEC60950, IEC62368 and IEC60355. The broad range of approvals ensures that the units can be safely used in a wide range of ITE, industrial and domestic applications while ensuring they meet noise requirements without external filtering.
Efficiency of 90 per cent reduces thermal management requirements and also decreases operating temperature, enhancing the reliability of the overall system. Various protection mechanisms are incorporated including short circuits, overvoltage, and overload protection.
The VCB60 AC-DC converter modules operate from -10°C to +60°C and provide full power at temperatures up to +50°C.
The series is available from Digi-Key, Distrelec, Farnell, Mouser, RS Components, approved regional distributors, or direct from XP Power and offers a 3-year warranty.
- Encapsulated 60W off-line PSU is industry’s smallest, claims XP
- Medical power supply guide
- 5kW 3-phase AC-DC supply has no neutral
Other articles on eeNews Power
- World’s first nailable solar roof tile
- Energous teams for free space power to always-on edge AI processors
- €24m EU funding for Hungarian battery copper foil plant
- TT Electronics buys Ferranti power business
- Breakthrough brings GaN advantages to silicon power MOSFETs
- Dukosi teams with GlobalFoundries on battery management chip
- CEO Interview: Zinc flexible battery boost for 5G, IoT
- Harvesting energy from human cells for medical devices