Features of Sample Products
1) Large-capacity IPM for automotive motors
– J-Series TYPE+B series offers a choice of 600V/800A and 1,200V/500A models. - Larger current capacity than existing TYPE-B models, but with same footprint area. – Built-in power supplies for IGBT drive and logic circuits.
2) All-in-one IPM for automotive motors
– Low-loss 3-phase CSTBTTM inverter configuration with built-in control-power supply circuit, optimized IGBT drive & protection circuit, and high-grade isolation photo-couplers.
– High-accuracy analog temperature monitor for chip center.
Common Features of All J-series IPMs
-IGBT drive & Protection (short-circuit protection, control-power-supply under-voltage protection, over-temperature protection and fault signaling output).
– Isolation with photo-couplers. - High-accuracy analog temperature output function monitors chip center. - High-accuracy analog power-supply voltage output function monitors inverter DC-link voltage (optional). – IPM enabling ready-signal input for fail-safe operation. - Vibration-resistant connectors for reliable interface with customer designs.
– J-series TYPE+B is compliant with the European Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS).
Sample shipments of two J-Series IPM (TYPE+B) models will start in August; mass production is expected to begin in 2014. The new modules will be exhibited at the PCIM trade fair in Nuremberg, Germany on May 14-16.