Floating-point MCUs come with model-based design software
Simplifying programming to speed design, Texas Instruments and Visual Solutions have announced that VisSim/Embedded Controls Developer v8.0 (VisSim) provides full, model-based support for TI’s new TMS320C2000 Piccolo floating-point microcontrollers (MCUs).
A full version of VisSim v8.0 is being offered and is available for use with TI’s F28069 controlSTICK and F28069 Experimenter’s Kit with a free two month trial license. A limited $11 promotional price for the F28069 controlSTICK is also available.
Key features and benefits of VisSim/Embedded Controls Developer v8.0 include:
- Intuitive interface allows development to begin in minutes;
- Production-grade C code generator allows high speed sample rates, low RAM and flash requirements, and automatically generates efficient fixed- and floating-point operations;
- Easy drop down menus guide the generation of efficient, interrupt-driven code for all on-chip peripherals, including sophisticated modes of operation for the A/D converter and PWMs;
- Simulation feature enables developers to verify, debug and tune algorithms while interactively viewing results in graphical plots;
- VisSim environment can automatically use TI’s Code Composer Studio IDE and emulation – included with the F2806x kits – to compile, link and download algorithms to the target;
- USB JTAG hotlink enables downloading and real-time host to target communication for interactively plotting responses and changing parameters during target execution;
- Example diagrams for F2806x MCUs include interactive FFT, PSD, motor control, digital power and a range of other applications to jumpstart development efforts;
- Existing VisSim diagrams can be easily retargeted to any C2000 MCU without structural changes to the diagram, greatly reducing the engineering cost to support multiple targets.
For more information on how VisSim supports development of motor control, digital power, power line communications and other real-time control applications, go to www.ti.com/vissim-piccolo-lp-pr