The new HLMP-Lx75, HLMP-Hx74/75 and HLMP-Ax74/75 LEDs deliver industry-leading brightness for oval through-hole LEDs, reducing the current required to drive systems. The LEDs’ matched RGB radiation pattern is designed to maintain consistent light and uniform color mixing from all viewing angles. This combination enables sharper viewing quality with lower power consumption for full-color signage such as billboards, stadium video screens, building video walls, as well as for simpler roadway and commercial signage.
The HLMP-Lx75 and HLMP-Hx74/75 LED series offer a typical viewing angle of 40 by 100 degrees, while the HLMP-Ax74/75 LEDs offer 30 by 70 degrees. The wide typical viewing angles and the high luminous intensity of the LEDs deliver optimal performance for outdoor applications. The package epoxy of the LEDs contains UV inhibitor to reduce the effects of long-term exposure to direct sunlight, and the package also offer superior resistance to moisture, providing enhanced durability for outdoor environments. Avago provides design flexibility with the option of shipping tight color and intensity bins, up to 4 nm per bin for the new blue and green LEDs.
The new red AlInGaP LEDs are available at 626-nm dominant wavelength, and the new green InGaN and blue InGaN LEDs are available at 530-nm and 470-nm, respectively. The maximum luminous intensity at 20 mA of the new LEDs is as follows (measured in millicandelas):
- 4 mm standard oval HLMP-Lx75 LEDs: Red – 2400, Green – 6050, Blue – 1660
- 5 mm standard oval HLMP-Hx74/75 LEDs: Red – 2400, Green – 6050, Blue – 1380
- 5 mm mini oval HLMP-Ax74/75 LEDs: Red – 4200, Green – 7260, Blue – 1990
Additional HLMP-Lx75, HLMP-Hx74/75 and HLMP-Ax74/75 features include:
- Standoff packages for all series and non-standoff packages for HLMP-Hx74/75 and HLMP-Ax74/75 LEDs
- Lead-Free and RoHS 6 compliant
- Tinted and diffused
- Operating temperature range of -40° to +100° C for red LEDs and -40° to +85° C for green and blue LEDs
- Electro-static discharge sensitivity: JEDEC Class 1C HBM
The green and blue HLMP-Lx75, HLMP-Hx74/75 and HLMP-Ax74/75 LEDs are priced at $0.21 each in minimum quantities of 2,000 pieces, and the red LEDs are priced at $0.12 each in minimum quantities of 2,000 pieces. Samples and production quantities are available now through the Avago direct sales channel and via worldwide distribution partners.