1200V SiC module adds ceramic baseplate for thermal management
The latest EasyDUAL CoolSiC MOSFET modules come in half-bridge configuration with an on-state resistance (R DS(on)) of 11 mΩ in an EasyDUAL 1B package and 6 mΩ in an EasyDUAL 2B package.
With a high-performance with aluminum nitride (AIN) ceramic baseplate, the 1200 V devices are suitable for high-power density applications including photovoltaic systems, uninterruptible power supplies, auxiliary inverters, energy storage systems and electric vehicle chargers.
The FF11MR12W1M1_B70 and FF6MR12W2M1_B70 modules are equipped with the latest CoolSiC MOSFET technology with improved gate-oxide reliability. With the improved thermal conductivity of the ceramic baseplate material, the thermal resistance to the heat sink (R thJH) can be lowered by up to 40 percent. Combined with the CoolSiC Easy modules, the new AIN ceramic enables an increase of the output power or reduces the junction temperatures. This can lead to an improved lifespan of the system.
The EasyDUAL CoolSiC MOSFET modules FF11MR12W1M1_B70 and FF6MR12W2M1_B70 are now available.
Related SiC articles
- Toshiba ships 1200V MOSFET
- II-VI expands processing lie in China
- Evaluation kit cuts development time
- Ceramic material for thermal cooling
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Lead perovskite boosts solar cell efficiency over 25 percent
- Fluence and Northvolt to co-develop battery technology for Grid-scale energy storage
- Addionics, Saint-Gobain Ceramics team on solid state battery tech
- Self-powered masts for gigabit WiFi to trains
- NTT buys Fujitsu business for low power tech